NowInfinity offers a historical data import service for clients migrating from BGL CAS Desktop, this service can only be utilised if you are subscribed to our Corporate Messenger Service.
In order to import your historical data from CAS Desktop to NowInfinity, you will need to inform your Implementation Consultant that you would like to proceed with a historical data import from CAS Desktop.
To import historical data from CAS Desktop, provide your CASDATA and SYSPDF Folders, and complete the following steps:
- Contact your Implementation Consultant to advise you are ready for historical data import.
- Your Implementation Consultant will send you a secure login to transfer your files
- Login to the workstation where BGL CAS Desktop is installed
- Close BGL CAS application
- Go to the CAS Desktop application directory
- Right click on CASDATA folder > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder
- Right click on SYSPDF folder > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder
- Log into your secure file sharing service (provided by NowInfinity)
- Drag and drop CASDATA.zip and SYSPDF.zip onto the browser window
- Your files will be transferred to our Transitions Team
- Confirm with your Implementation Consultant that you have completed the steps above
- Transitions Team will confirm that your historical data import request has been received and will book your historical data import in after-hours
- Once the historical data import is complete, the Transitions Team will confirm the import is complete and provide a discrepancy report with instructions on How to resolve discrepancies on the Discrepancy Report
Frequently Asked Questions
What is imported?
- Share transactions (owner, share class code, class description, number of shares, share certificate numbers, date and type)
- Ceased officeholders
- Dividend Statements
- Trust information (for trusts with trustees only)
- Documents (PDFs that have been lodged)
Note: NowInfinity is only able to import documents that the CASDATA file has a record of, and files that are present in the SYSPDF folder that are not corrupt or encrypted.
How long will the transition take?
As the historical data import will be processed after business hours, this can take up to 5 business days. If your import includes Trust Register, this may take an additional 10 business days.