The Difference Between a 361 and 362 Form


What is the difference between a 361 and 362 Form?


The 362 Form works as both an appointment of an Agent and cessation of an Agent. When using it to cease as agent for a Company, this form is required to be signed by a Director of the Company.

The 361 Form can only be used to cease an Agent. This can be signed by the Agent, and the Director(s) are not required to sign.


If the Company is using your address as the Registered address and you wish to change this you can use one of the below options:

  • You can lodge a 484 Change of Address form before lodging the 361 Form, however this would require the Director to sign
  • Send a letter signed by the Agent, to ASIC in the mail, advising that you no longer give permission for the Company to use your address as their Registered Address

Related Articles:

Adding a company by lodging a 362 form / agent appointment.

Cease as agent for multiple companies (form 361)

Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request