What should I do when a legal name on a Deed has changed?


What should I do when a legal name on a Deed has changed (i.e. due to marriage, legal name change)?
Note: This article address when there has been a change of name. For instance where an error in the name is being corrected, see: Amending a name on a Trust Deed


Generally, a change of name may be acknowledged by the Trustee of the Trust at a meeting after receiving, for example, a change of name or marriage certificate.

However, we understand that sometimes third parties (like banks) have their own internal policies requiring you to produce documentation in the form of a deed to confirm the change of name. If this is the case, email legal@nowinfinity.com.au to be referred to our legal services provider who can assist on a fee-for-service basis. 


Disclaimer: You acknowledge and agree that our Services and Materials do not constitute or contain personal or general advice for the purpose of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and that we, our employees and advisers do not offer any legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice or services in connection with the provision of our Services and any Materials.



Was this article helpful?
1 out of 1 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request