When can I use ASIC direct debit?
ASIC direct debit can be used for the following forms by selecting "Pay using a Direct Debit account with ASIC" within the Payment Method field.
Note: Pre-existing direct debit authority must be held by ASIC. Instructions for applying can be found from How to apply for ASIC Direct Debit.
ASIC direct debit can be used when lodging the following forms:
- 205A Company name change: found within the "Authorisation and Declaration" tab
- 410B Reserve a new name for this Company: found within the "Authorisation and Declaration" tab
- 6010 Voluntary Deregistration: : found within the "Company details" tab
- It is the Company's account which will be debited.
- If there is no money in the account, or no valid account/authority, there will be an error message or a rejection of the form. The form will need to be re-lodged selecting "Invoice issued for payment" and you won't be able to proceed with the lodgement.
- If you select "Invoice issued for payment", you will need to send the invoice to your client for payment and the change will only take effect once payment has been made by the client.
- Direct Debit is not applicable to Company Registrations, Annual Statements or Late Fees.