How do I de-register a Company which has more than $1000.00 in assets?
If a Company does not meet the requirements for voluntary deregistration (e.g. its assets are worth more than $1000.00 or it is insolvent), you may need to wind up the Company instead. To do this:
- Company Directors must make a declaration of solvency
- Company members must pass a special resolution
- Notice of the special resolution must be published on the published notices website
- Liquidator winds up Company's affairs
- Liquidator finishes winding up Company and lodges final documents
More detailed information is available on the ASIC website.