Navigate to Menu > Portal Settings > Email Settings:
NowInfinity allows you to customise the outgoing email address for all correspondence to your clients. This article relates to SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol), however there are 2 other options:
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
SMTP is a set of commands that authenticates and directs the transfer of electronic mail.
Note: We strongly recommend your IT specialist assists with setting up SMTP. Alternatively, please reach out to your Domain Name System (DNS) hosting provider (e.g. CrazyDomains, GoDaddy, etc.) to request assistance with setting up your SPF records.
To set up SMTP as your delivery type, select SMTP in the "Type" dropdown box:
Complete each field:
- "PROVIDER" drop-down: Select one of the providers you want to use. Data will be prefilled automatically into the "SMTP Server" and "SMTP Port" fields and is editable.
If your provider is not present in the dropdown menu, select "Other" and complete required fields.
- SMTP Server: The actual SMTP server's specification. You can find this by referring to the web page of your provider, or searching on our list of server POP and SMTP
If the server with relay is filled, and the server name ends with the "mail.protection.outlook.com", the system changes the port to 25 and disables it. Login and password fields will not longer be mandatory, and can be left empty if access by IPs is set on the SMTP server side.
- SMTP Port: Usually SMTP works with port 587, but it can work also with 25. For further information, read our article about SMTP ports.
- SMTP Login: Your email address
- SMTP Password for email address: Please note: double authentication should be enabled
- SMTP Name: Name to show in the inbox
- From Address: The email address emails sent from the platform will display from
- Send a copy of all emails to: An optional, but recommended field. Input an internal email address to send a copy of all outgoing correspondence emails sent from NowInfinity
- Allow SSL connection: SMTP email transfer doesn't provide an encryption. If you want to make your connection more secure, it's a good choice to use a STARTTLS or SSL/TLS extension, as these employ a separate port for encrypted communication. In NowInfinity, the "SSL Connection" check box is ticked by default and disabled.
Office 365 SMTP Server Settings - for sending mail from an Outlook.com address:
- SMTP server address: smtp.office365.com (default value but can be customised to the other outlook server names)
- SMTP username: Your full Outlook.com email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, not an alias)
- SMTP password: Your Outlook.com password
- SMTP port: 587 (you can use port 25 as an alternative)
- SMTP TLS/SSL encryption required: yes
Office 365 SMTP relay. SMTP Server Settings
- SMTP server address: example_name.mail.protection.outlook.com
- SMTP username: Your full Outlook.com email address (e.g. email@example.com, not an alias) (not required if access by IPs is set on the SMTP server side)
- SMTP password: Your Outlook.com password (not required if access by IPs is set on the SMTP server side)
- SMTP port: 25 (prefilled and disabled)
- SMTP TLS/SSL encryption required: yes
Gmail's Default SMTP Settings - for sending mail from an Gmail address. Click here for more information:
- Gmail SMTP server address: gmail.com
- Gmail SMTP username: Your Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
- Gmail SMTP port (TLS): 587
- Gmail SMTP port (SSL): 465
- Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
Zoho Default SMTP Settings - for sending email from Zoho address. Click here for more information:
- Zoho SMTP server address: smtp.zoho.com
- Zoho SMTP username: Your Zoho address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Zoho SMTP password: Your Zoho password
- Zoho SMTP port (TLS): 587
- Zoho SMTP port (SSL): 465
Zoho SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email validation standard that is designed to prevent email spoofing. Domain owners use SPF to tell email providers which servers are allowed to send email from their domains.
Instructions to set up SPF:
If your domain doesn't have an existing SPF record, publish a TXT record with the following value.
SPF records can contain multiple include statements. If your domain already has an SPF record, you can add an include statement for Office 365 by using the following format: "v=spf1 include:example.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all"
For NowInfinity, the SPF record to add to the DNS configuration for your domain is the following:
"v=spf1 include:mail-protection.nowinfinity.com.au include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all"
"v=spf1 include:mail-protection.nowinfinity.com.au include:_spf.google.com ~all"
"v=spf1 include:mail-protection.nowinfinity.com.au include:zoho.eu ~all"
To test setup, press the "Send Test Email" button above the Settings fields when sender data is saved and SPF record is added to the DNS.
Input email address in the window that appears, then click on the "Send" button.
If settings are correct, you will receive an email with the inputted email as a sender. This confirms that the settings are correct and SMTP Delivery type can be set for further use in the system.
For further assistance, please contact our Support Team.