LRBA (Loan) from a member to SMSF

Key Words: LRBA, SMSF loan from member, SMSF, related party


How can I create a Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangement (LRBA) from a member to a SMSF?




Use the "LRBA Suite" service under the "Loans" section of the platform.



Under the "Lender" tab, you would select "Private" for a related party loan.



If the loan is to be made from a member, then you would select 'Individual' as the type of Lender. 



You should keep in mind the relevant legislative requirements regarding related party LRBA arrangements and seek advice if necessary. 


Further Information

Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangement (LRBA) and Holding / Bare Trusts


Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request