To assist your clients with the electronic signing process, please see below steps.
1. Your client will receive an email with a button to view the documents:
2. A new page will open, where they can choose to "Click to Proceed" to sign the document, or "Decline". If "Decline" is chosen, you will receive an email advising you that the client has rejected the electronic signing option:
3. Once "Click to Proceed" has been selected, the documents will open for review. Once reviewed, click "Next":
Alternatively, the "Actions" button will allow the client to decline the documents, sign on paper, or view session information. (If signatory selects "Sign on Paper" see further instructions at the end of this article):
Please Note: If the client wishes to paper sign, it is important that they select the "Sign on paper" option under the Actions drop down and follow the instruction's. Refer to the "Paper Signing" section further down the page for more details.
4. Once "Next" is selected, the page will navigate to the first signing section. The client must click "PleaseSign":
5. A screen will open where clients can choose which type of signature they would like to add to the documents.
Draw Signature - Using the mouse to draw their signature. If a mistake is made, use the "Clear Signature" option to start again. Once happy, click "Adopt Signature":
Choose Signature - Typing their name, and choosing a font. Once chosen, click "Adopt Signature":
Upload Signature - Uploading an image of their signature from their computer. Once uploaded, click "Adopt Signature":
6. The signature will be added to the document. If there are more signatures required for the signatory, they will see "Next" display at the top right, select this to go to the next signing section and click "PleaseSign" (as per step 4) which will apply the signature:
7. Once signing has been completed, click on "Click to Finish" on the top right of the screen:
A confirmation will appear that the documents have been signed successfully, (unless a witness signature is required, see below):
If the document requires a witness signature, a prompt to pass the control over to the witness for signing will display, the witness must be present with the signatory for this process. The witness can follow steps 2-7 above:
Once signing is completed, depending how you have your Electronic Signing Notifications setup, the sender, signatory or both, will receive an email with the signed documents. Once all signatories have signed, the signed documents will also be uploaded to the Collaboration page of the document:
If any of the signatories prefer to paper sign the document they will need to download the PDF from within the e-signing link. Follow steps 1 & 2 above then the below steps:
3. Click on Actions > click Sign on paper
4. Click on Download Document
This will download a version of the document that shows all current electronic signatures, which will then allow the client to print out and sign which will include the e-signing envelope code.
5. Once the client has completed the paper signed document with the envelope code, they will need to forward to firstname.lastname@example.org so that the support team can upload the document to the platform.